Kibuli Secondary School and Amus College will be representing Uganda in the upcoming 2023 ISF World’s Football Championship that will take place in Morocco between July 22 and 31.
In the draws held in Rabat, Morocco today (Thursday), Kibuli was drawn in Group E while Amus College landed in Group A.
In Group A, Amus College will play alongside France, Chile 2 and Nepal.
While Kibuli will face off with Qatar, China and Cote d’Ivoire in Group E.
Nimrod Kintu, head coach of Amus College sounded a calm man after learning of his side’s opponents noting they have prepared well and are ready to showcase.
“We are maximising our expectations. We have played at previous levels of football and can not wait to take on this assignment to. The teams from Europe, South America and Asia will admire our game and style,” he noted.
In the just concluded USSSA games, Amus oust Kibuli SS in the quarterfinals before it lost to the defending champions St Mary’s Kitende in the semifinals and finished fourth.
On the other side of the coin, another Ugandan representative St Noa Girls has been drawn in Group D in the company of Morocco (host), Chile and England.
All groups of Football (Boys)
- Group A: Amus College (Uganda 2), France, Nepal, and Chile 2
- Group B: Brazil, Mexico 1, Saudi Arabia 1 and Guinea.
- Group C: Morocco 1 (Host), England 2, Mexico 2, and Benin.
- Group D: Croatia, China 2, Iran, and Ukraine.
- Group F: China1, England 1, Chinese Taipei and Bahraine.
- Group G: Czech Republic, Morocco 2, Peru and Nigeria.
- Group H: Bulgaria, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon and Kenya.